3 COMMON INVESTOR PROBLEMS
Limited options, only focusing on 1-2 sectors = Missing Other Bull Markets
Focus on (Value + Story) = Can Get Caught In Value Trap -> Stays Cheaper For Longer
Holding on by not admitting the cycle is over
Seeking opportunities across multiple sectors
early in the cycle
Focus on opportunities early in the cycle creates long-term value opportunities
BUY & HOLD
Buy & hold to enjoy the maximum uplift of the long-term cycle
focused on market cycles OVER THE LONG-TERM (2-3 YEARS)
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We look for asset classes & sectors early in their sector cycle, because we can find stocks that present
DEEP VALUE OPPORTUNITIES, REDUCED RISK, and LONG-TERM UPSIDE.
How does FMC approach this?
OUR SIMPLE EQUATION TO MAXIMUM UPLIFT
Most Value Investors focus on Deep Value + Great Story.
But just that alone may lead to “value trap”.
That’s why we bring in the missing piece: “Cycle Multiplier”
Allowing you to avoid the “value trap” and enjoy the maximum uplift of the market cycle over the long-term (2-3 years)
WHAT YOU ACHIEVE…
DEEP VALUE + GREAT STORY
INDUSTRY CYCLE GROWTH
REDUCES WAITING AROUND
LONG-TERM CYCLE UPSIDE
THE BEST PART: CYCLES & SECTORS TOGETHER ALLOW TO DO THIS OVER & OVER AGAIN.
SECTOR CYCLE SPOTLIGHT
- Capitalize on the different sector bull and bear markets at various stage of the business cycle.
- Don’t miss the sectors that outperform at a different phase of the cycle.
- Avoid sectors that underperform at different stages of the cycle.
- Avoid buying looming bear sectors.
HISTORICAL TECHNICALS INSIGHTS
- Look back at past sector bull cycles to where the current sector is in the cycle beat the street to ride the bull market or avoid buying at the top of the sector cycle
- We look at the economic leading economic factors that impact the stock market and global economy.
- Stop being overly bullish or bearish and stick to the facts.
TRADE SPECIFIC SPOTLIGHT
- Stock Specific and ETFs to potentially profit from the sector cycle
- Insights to avoid the looming sector bear market
- Short ideas for when the bubble ends
- Technicals to minimize downside
- Technicals to hold on through the cycle
- Time frame of 2-3 years to capture multi-year sector bull markets.
Identifying Opportunities Across The Cycle
- Suitable for professional and private investors looking for independent views.
- Sector insights across multiple sectors in bull or bear markets.
- Stock specific long and shorts ideas for portfolios.
Investors that want to capture multiple sectors in bull markets and avoid sectors in bear markets
& value traps.
Your market cycle ideas are led by Paul Farrugia and his team.
Mr. Farrugia is a former Licensed Associate Portfolio Manager and Vice President of Investment Research. He has previously worked directly with 2 award-winning Portfolio Managers in Toronto, Canada.
RESEARCH & CONSULTING SERVICES
In addition to offering written research reports, First Macro Capital provides consulting services to its institutional clients. The consulting services that allow for direct access to Paul regarding his outlook on sectors and stocks or on any specific topics of interest you have.
Market Cycle Alerts are provided as information only and should not be taken as investment or trading advice. Any investments, trades, and/or speculations made in light of the ideas, opinions, and/or forecasts, expressed or implied herein, are committed at your own risk, financial or otherwise. Subscribers to the FMC Market Cycles agree to the disclaimer.